- Full service interior architecture and design
- Experiential graphic design: branding and signage
- Sustainability services
- Use of raw materials including exposed rebar, steel tubes, and reclaimed wood ties back to their line of work.
- Innovation lab used for smaller meetings
- Variety of collaborative spaces, including breakout areas and conference rooms
- Flexible common area used for entertaining and town halls
- Use of experiential graphics to represent their core values, specifically their value “Ever Forward”
- Seeking LEED Gold, WELL Silver, and NetZero status
- No private offices—workplace is an open area featuring adjustable height workstations for hoteling
DPR Construction, one of the nation’s leading forward-thinking, self-performing general contractor and construction management firms, recently built a mixed-use facility on Austin’s thriving East Side and moved its regional team to the top floor. For the interiors of the new office, IA’s design directly reflects DPR’s culture, identity, and work. Elements and materials familiar to jobsites are used throughout, with an emphasis on sustainability, employment enjoyment, and a balance of work, play, and Austin spirit.
As a top priority, the new space had to reflect DPR’s core values at the center of its culture. At the inner perimeter of a central skylight, the DPR motto We Exist to Build Great Things is seen on one side with the four company values pictured on the other side. In addition, there are several self-performing teams at DPR, and each is celebrated by a design moment or feature. The electrical group, for instance, designed the distinctive light fixture over the breakroom bar. The stairs leading to the training room are the work of the concrete group, as is flooring, the concrete decking, and the bell columns.
Overall the design aesthetic is clean, industrial but warm, and suggests an Austin vibe, with cowhide rugs, touches of leather, and custom tables by a local fabricator. The project is seeking LEED Gold certification, WELL Silver (this will be the first WELL Certified™ project in Austin if awarded), and Net Zero status.